Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Florida Vacation (part 1)

So for about 4-5 days mid-July my family and I went to Walt Disney World. I must say, the second time being there and knowing much more about the 4 parks and the property itself made my trip far more enjoyable. We got there on Sunday July 18 and hit Downtown Disney, the mass amount of people made this area very cramped, probably because there were about 10 groups for 20-30 Brazilian tourists there at the same time we were. I picked up a German national team hat at Team Mickey's and then we searched for a place to eat. I swear, there are some EXPENSIVE restaurants in Downtown Disney. We ended up eating at Earl of Sandwich which was very good and not terribly expensive.

The next day we got up bright and early and hit Magic Kingdom for opening. There weren't nearly as many people as I thought there would be, but compared to what we out here in California get for a Disneyland opening, it was pretty packed. We headed straight for Space Mountain which was a nice 15 minute wait, then we kind of wandered the lands and hit rides and attractions just by length of line. My parents aren't ones to stand around in line for a while. Eventually we split up, I headed to Small World while my parents went on Peter Pan's Flight. I was finished first because of the 5 minute wait and headed over to Haunted Mansion. All of you wondering, "Is the Disneyland version really better?" Yes, it is. Not to say the Florida version wasn't neat, but the California one is just, better. It is the original, and nothing beats the original.

After about half a day at MK we headed to Epcot, now the first time I was here I didn't enjoy Epcot at all, I don't think they had put in Kidcot yet so it wasn't the most enjoyable place. This time around I enjoyed it so much, it has become my new favorite park in WDW. We had reservations at Chefs de France(?) which was phenomenal, but it was hot, so we weren't as hungry as we thought. I'd recommend that restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal at a fairly decent price. We then wandered World Showcase, which I realized I missed out on the first time in Epcot, again, I loved Epcot. Then I hit some of the big rides, Test Track, Mission: SPACE, etc. We ended the day with IllumiNATIONs and I loved it. I teared up a bit, it was maybe the best Disney nighttime show I had seen, that being said I haven't seen World of Color yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment