Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Florida Vacation (part 2)

ROUND TWO!

The second day of the trip was even hotter than the first, darn you Florida humidity! We hit Hollywood Studios first, I immediately ditched my parents, not because I didn't want to spend time with them, but because I wanted to hit the thrill rides before the lines got way too long. So I headed straight for Tower of Terror, a 30 minute wait wasn't too bad. While in line a little girl behind me was freaking out, thinking ghosts in the hotel were going to eat her. I turned around and told her there was nothing to be scared of, I had ridden it numerous times. I told her she could hold tight my plush baby Mickey Mouse because that's what I used to do when I got scared. She was all smiles playing around with Mickey and looked like she had a great time on the ride. After she came up to me and offered him back to me, I told her that she should keep it, that Mickey was more useful to her now than to me, she hugged my leg and skipped back to her mother. I felt like it was my responsibility to spread a little Disney magic even if I don't work there. I met back up with my parents after the 70 minute Rockin Rollercoaster line. We had lunch and then watched the Beauty and the Beast stage show, I recommend it if you can catch it! We then split up again, them back to the hotel me to Animal Kingdom.

I had ONE goal at AK, to ride Expedition Everest, I succeeded. That ride was the cooler version of Disneyland's Matterhorn. I then got on the bus back to the main transit station on property and rode the monorail to the Polynesian, there I indulged in a Dole Whip before heading to Epcot for a quick ride on Test Track via Single Riders line, I got paired up with a lovely German family and we chatted about Germany. Then I got back on the monorail, after a stop at Club Cool of course, and headed to Magic Kingdom to ride Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and of course, Space Mountain. I then headed to Mickey's Philharmagic, that was a great attraction, I'd highly recommend it! We then all met up, just in time for the Main Street Electrical Light Parade and Summer Nighttastic Fireworks. That ended our trip to Walt Disney World, the next day we hit up Islands of Adventure to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, all I'm going to say about that was, if you can, GO!

We boarded our plane the next morning bright and early and flew back to good ol' California. I miss Florida so much, I can't wait until I can apply for the Walt Disney World College Program!

Thanks for reading, it probably bored you to the point where you won't return, but in the event you do, I will start reporting Disney news when more things start to happen! Until then, have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment