Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Top 10 Disney Songs

So to continue with my Top 10 lists I have decided to go with Disney Songs, these can be from movies, parks, or any other Disney things.

1. A Whole New World - Aladdin : I put this song at the top of my list for a number of reasons, but mostly because of the way anytime you hear it, you can't help but sing along. It is one of those songs that immediately gets stuck in your head and is an instant classic.

2. Circle of Life/When You Wish Upon A Star - Lion King/Pinnochio : These two tie for second on my list because they are both equally great songs. The Circle of Life brought a different feel to Disney music than we had seen before. The African feel of the song really brought the Lion King to life in the beginning. And When You Wish Upon A Star is probably the Disney anthem. It is the song that plays when the Disney logo comes up in any movie and it is in every commercial. It is one of the best Disney songs ever made.

3. Part Of Your World - The Little Mermaid : Part Of Your World is a great song for numerous reasons. It is telling how Ariel wants to be above the sea and wants to walk with humans. She feels trapped down below and longs for something else. We've all felt that way before and it translates very well.

4. Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast : This is Beauty and the Beast's big number. Almost all of the major characters take part in this. The sound and rhythm of the song is infatuating and keeps you wanting more and more.

5. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah - Song of the South : There isn't much to say about this song but, genius. It is one of those songs that, when you listen to it, you know it's Disney.

6. Someday My Prince Will Come - Snow White : Someday My Prince Will Come makes my list because it was the first Disney romantic song. It carries the theme of Snow White too, she is waiting for her perfect man to rescue her.

7. Baby Mine - Dumbo : This is one of the ultimate tear jerker songs of a lifetime in my honest opinion. Mrs. Jumbo is singing this to little Dumbo, and there isn't much to say except it's a truly heartfelt sounding song.

8. You've Got a Friend in Me - Toy Story : The anthem of Toy Story, and basically Pixar. This song also can apply to any friendship. With lines like, "You got troubles? I got em too. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you." it is one of the best songs for a movie ever written.

9. I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan : Mulan's uptempo song, sang by Donny Osmond, is a chest pounding epic. The flow and feel of the song is just perfectly blended and Donny Osmond's voice carries the song, surprisingly.

10. I Won't Say (I'm in Love) - Hercules : The gospel feel of the song, and Meg's denial of her love for Hercules make this song one of the few that you can find yourself singing at any point.

As always, if you have any input or want to voice your opinion post a comment below. Thanks, and have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment